Greetings to all and I’m glad to say that we are continuing to see COVID cases diminish in most of our region. I am hearing that many of our clubs are again holding fishing retreats and scheduling in-person club meetings. This is all good!
NCCFFI is working for the future of Fly Fishing
- Developing a stronger connection with our clubs to improve relationships, communication & better protect our watersheds through conservation.
- Improving and re-modeling our website. Our goal is to have a good looking & informative website that has club activity information, conservation actions, educational opportunities & more. We hope to have the site up by early July.
- Strategy group working on goals & objectives for the next 3-5 years. We will be working over the next several weeks to develop a vision and working set of actions to meet the needs of our clubs, members and our fly fishing community. We expect this to take a couple of months, but it will put us on the road to stability and being able to continue to build the fly fishing community we know is important to the future.
- Things to look forward to: Better club support for your projects; Enhanced support for fly fishing by the Council by our work at the ISE show & Fly Fishing Show; Continued Council-club communications; enhanced connection with FFI programs and events; Better learning opportunities for all through Council level education programs.
Fly Fishers International (FFI) – Working for our Sport & it’s members
- New Website – The website is now easier to navigate, full of helpful and interesting information and much better looking. https://www.flyfishersinternational.org
- New Learning Center Format: Click on “LEARN” at the top of the homepage, or go to: https://www.flyfishersinternational.org/Learn/Learning-Center-Resources#. Spend some time going through this section so you can see how it is a great resource for you and your club.
- New – Virtual Expo November 5-7, 2021 – enjoy all FFI has to offer from home on your computer! This appears to be a new & exciting way to enjoy your organization, yet learn and support your sport. https://www.flyfishersinternational.org/Virtual-Expo This promises to be a great event that is full of information & opportunity.
Women Connect – Within NCCFFI & FFI
- Link to Women Connect at FFI: https://www.flyfishersinternational.org/Get-Involved/FFI-Women-Connect. This is an expanding part of fly fishing as women are the fastest growing group in our sport. This is the place to get connected and get involved.
- NCCFFI & Women Connect: We have a local group of Women Connect, and our Council is proud to say Anne Marie Bakker, firstname.lastname@example.org, is our Council connection. Contact her to find out more and join.
It’s important to understand that both NCCFFI and FFI are working hard to help our sport on many fronts. FFI is the only organization we have that is only focused on fly fishing and All fish in all waters. Being a member means you support fly fishing and its future. Join today: https://www.flyfishersinternational.org/Join-Renew
Posted on June 26th, 2021