Posted on November 22nd, 2022
This cartoon by Elaine Cook first ran in February 1922 which was also the first year that John Steele was president of the Santa Cruz Fly Fishing club.
Posted on October 26th, 2022
Posted on September 26th, 2022
Boxful of scary flies!
Posted on August 25th, 2022
Posted on May 27th, 2022
What not to do when you have a lot of fly tying materials that need cleaning.
Posted on June 27th, 2022
Posted on March 30th, 2022
Fish must think this is what happens when they get caught!
Posted on April 26th, 2022
Posted on March 25th, 2022
Posted on February 19th, 2022
If you were game enough to attempt to solve this riddle, I applaud you. Just remember if you solved it you’re fishing this year will be fantastic. You’ll find the solution below. I hope this was fun for you as it was for me. Do let me know if you were successful.
Posted on January 13th, 2022
- There are 5 houses in five different colors.
- In each house lives a person with a different nationality.
- These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a curtain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet.
- No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
The question is:
WHO OWNS THE FISH ??
- the Brit lives in the red house
- the Swede keeps dogs as pets
- the Dane drinks tea
- the green house is on the left of the white house
- the green house’s owner drinks coffee
- the person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds
- the owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
- the man living in the center house drinks milk
- the Norwegian lives in the first house
- the man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats
- the man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill
- the owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer
- the German smokes Prince
- the Norwegian lives next to the blue house
- the man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water
If you can solve this riddle,
YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO FIND AND CATCH FISH IN 2022.
The solution and author will appear in next month’s newsletter.
Posted on December 22nd, 2021
Always clean and secure your catch where nobody else can get to it!
Thank you Elaine Cook and Pat Steele for the cartoons laughs through 2021!
Posted on November 22nd, 2021
Posted on September 26th, 2021
Dolly Vardens dress quite gaudily.
Posted on September 21st, 2021
Posted on April 17th, 2021
The only fishers without mask tan lines are ones with beards!
Posted on July 25th, 2021
Posted on April 9th, 2021
Refer to “Fishy Tales” in the September 2019 newsletter. It actually happened!
Posted on May 25th, 2021
Posted on April 24th, 2021
Posted on March 16th, 2021