Aug 03 5:00 PM : August 2022 BBQ at the Posse Grounds
For our August meeting, we’ll get together at a new location for our annual summer B-B-Q. This year, we’ll meet at the Sheriff’s Posse House on the Ocean St extension in Santa Cruz. It’s located about a half mile beyond the cemetery. Ample parking and outdoor seating come with the venue. The club will host a burger and hot-dog cookout with all the fixings. We’ll also hold a fishing swap-meet/flea market. Bring your gently or un-used gear to the meeting for cash or trade. There is also a perfect field for casting demonstrations and competitions. Bring your favorite rod and cast for prizes.
We need volunteers to help:
- Parking Coordinator (should have one person inside directing cars, and one person in street making sure no one parks on street)
- Set Up Coordinator (Tom Hogye volunteered)
- Swap Meet Coordinator
- Food Purchase Coordinator
- Clean Up Coordinator (think sweeping, mopping if necessary, garbage removal, bathroom, kitchen cleaning)
- BBQ Coordinator (I believe Dave has already volunteered for that slot, but confirm)
- Games Coordinator (optional, if we want casting competition or other games)
- Raffle Coordinator (Yog, I’m sure)
- Swag Sale Coordinator (Michael seems a natural fit)
Swap Meet Info:
- Scotch tape a proposed price on EVERY item or “FREE” or “OBO (or best offer). Also put the seller’s name so that a person can discuss or pay for the item.”
- Add any description with the item including if you are donating proceeds to the club.
- Bring home ALL times remaining that you brought.
- Bring cash or checks to purchase items.
Let us know you are coming!
Posted on June 27th, 2022